Thursday, June 19, 2008

my brain

a new obsession with coffee has erupted out of my soul!
namely, cappuccinos,
caramel macchiatos,
iced coffees and
iced chias

why?
because i can make them myself! a-huh, foam and everything! i've unchained the wild and delicious abilities of the French press, the stove-top espresso maker and a bottle of caramel syrup (thank you laura jo and girl's night left-overs).

and so i slink off to the porch with my book, iced caramel coffee and twinkly lights.

but before that, i am here in the office with mikey and tim keller. we are listening to how we really are greedy even though we dont think we are. we are listening to him telling us that when we dont treasure jesus, we are treasuring something else.
"you will always pay any price for your treasure, but jesus is the only treasure that paid the ultimate price for you." he says.
"you only die for your most precious thing" he says. that means we are his most precious thing. we are his pearl of great price that he gave everything for.

i am torn between burying myself in my book and being in the presence of mikey. i want mikey to be able to do what he wants to do, but sometimes its not the same as what i want to do...okay, a lot of the times its not the same as what i want to do...so i dawdle and play around on this here machine and look over at him once in a while with dreamy eyes and admire his beard.

woah-he just winked at me. flutter flutter goes my heart. :D

No comments: