Wednesday, May 26, 2010

i like contacts because...

when it rains, i dont have to constantly wipe them off to be able to see.

when i'm snuggling, they don't poke my husband in the eye.

when i'm putting my hair up, the dont get tangled in my pony tail.

when im playing around on the computer at school, my students cant see the reflection of the computer screen in them and catch me in the act.

when i'm working out, i dont have to reach around them to mop the sweat off my brow.

when i open the dishwasher to unload the dishes, they dont fog up.

when they slide down my face...oh wait, they dont slide down my face.

when the sun is beating down on me in the summer, i can wear sunglasses to defy its obnoxiousness.

when you look into my eyes, you can actually see what color they are.

when i look up, i can see the whole picture around me rather than two square-shaped pieces of it.



why do i miss glasses?

ive always worn them.
my husband thinks they're cute.
i feel intellectual.
i can hide behind them.
they dont make my eyes dry out.
they take less time.

mostly, my husband thinks they're cute and i like it when he thinks im cute.

2 comments:

Kristen L. Southworth said...

...wait until you go swimming, particularly at the ocean. You won't miss glasses anymore.

Mikey Fissel said...

but your husband thinks they are REALLY cute...