Monday, February 2, 2009

the trinity defined

Jesus is the hands
that hold me, on either side of my face
gently supporting
palm-side is soft but i can feel the callouses on the end of his
fingers and they bring images to my mind of hard
labor of sweat and toil
his fingers sweep the hair off my brow
trace my eyes and feel my skin
his movements tell me he appreciates me
that he is astounded by the beauty and revels wordlessly in it

the Spirit is the eyes that penetrate mine
we are nose to nose,
forehead to forehead
and when he looks at me, he is communicating everything to me
when he stares unbroken into my eyes
he is knowing me
his gaze sweeps me clean, the corners
full of light
and cobwebs exposed
i am an open room being filled and illuminated
and all the phantoms shrink until they vanish in a puff of black smoke

God-he is also the voice
that is soundlessly booming and ricocheting
through my skull like...
the seeds of a cloud-like daisy blown wishfully into the wind
little dancing seahorses
it says to me "no need"
it says to me " look no where but here"
he says to me "take not your eyes from this place"
and "i delight in you my beauty"